Windows 8 Skype won't work

obscureangel

06 Dec, 2012 12:28 PM

Hello Guys
I Recently installed Trillian on the Windows 8 Pro version x86

And i notice that i can't connecto to the skype account through trillian, it just can't connect to it.

I am wondering if more people are getting this problem and if there is a milestone already to correct this bug.

Peace :D

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Don Petty on 06 Dec, 2012 01:00 PM

Install the beta version of Trillian 5.3 and see if it helps. You can download it from the Developers Blog at http://www.trillian.im

-Don

2. 3 Posted by obscureangel on 07 Dec, 2012 12:41 PM

Thanks Don Petty its working now, you have done some improvements to visual too.
    And yet its much more lightweith than anything out there.

Even skype with facebook plugin uses to my netbook 30% in idle of CPU
    And in my Quad core desktop at 3.6 uses 3% on idle, its insane how a famous company let these bugs out.

In trillian eats 0% of CPU of Facebook
    I just have on advice for you, make 10$ for lifetime of trillian pro, and you will see that you sell like anything, 10$ or less.
    You ask too much for a IM service like 100$ or 50$, almost nobody pays you that for such a simple service that they get for free in other application, especcially the big ones.

Again, thanks a lot for you help.
    Wish you the best

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Don Petty on 07 Dec, 2012 08:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback and I am glad that Trillian is working well for you. If you have any other questions or suggestions please feel free to drop us a line!

-Don

4. 5 Posted by obscureangel on 03 Jan, 2013 02:35 AM

BTW a little of off-topic
    When are you planning to release a trillian for linux, i am asking that because i am on a hold for going to linux, and there certain apps that are holding me back, one of them are trillian.

I guess that should be a good investement for you since you already are working on it for android, i use it there, just miss the skypeit plugin but the rest is very good indeed.
    So that must be not that dificult to port it to linux.
    And either linux are growing very fast lately, and my lucky finger says that will continue to grow even more.
    So if you developer this for linux, i am certain that you would have the best IM software of linux world, you would be award for it, i am almost sure.
    Many people miss good IM software believe me, many people are surely gonna pay some pro versions.

Good work

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac