Skype update kills Trillian Skype support

jjwtimmer

28 Nov, 2012 08:42 AM

I updated Skype two days ago and since then, my skype contacts do not appear online anymore in Trillian. I saw some discussion in the forums about a new format of the usernames and being able to login with a microsoft ID. I did not yet merge my accounts, I still login to the original skype with my skype name.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Glenn on 28 Nov, 2012 10:12 PM

As the Skype and WLM experiences merge, people will have to sign into Skype with a "Windows Account" (a full email address) rather than the username that they used with previous versions of Skype. The current Skype engine used in Trillian (and older versions of the Skype software) does not support this new login method. That means that we have to wait for Skype to update their development kit so that we can add the new code to Trillian. No announcements have been made regarding if and when they will do this, but we will definitely update Trillian as soon as we can.

2. 2 Posted by jjwtimmer on 29 Nov, 2012 10:12 AM

I can only add to this, that as long as I do not start skype on myn notebook, it will not update. As long as it doesn't update, Trillian keeps working with skype. On my desktop I updated skype, then Trillian stopped working.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
    Van: Glenn [***@***]
    Verzonden: woensdag 28 november 2012 23:13
    Aan: [email blocked]
    Onderwerp: Skype update kills Trillian Skype support [Windows questions]

3. 3 Posted by Breanna on 10 Dec, 2012 05:54 AM

Logging in with my email associated with my windows account does not work. The login for skype in trillian keeps saying that it's not a valid Skype login but my actual skype name doesn't work either. I am at my wit's end with this.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Glenn on 10 Dec, 2012 02:30 PM

@ Breanna - We have to wait for Skype to update their development kit so that we can add the new code to Trillian. No announcements have been made regarding if and when they will do this, but we will definitely update Trillian as soon as we can.

5. 5 Posted by Leslie on 14 Mar, 2013 03:55 PM

This is awful. I updated to Skype and they dumped all my MSN messenger contacts and I can't seem to get them back. I downloaded Trillian, cant sign into my skype account and still cant get any of my contacts from MSN. I can't import, I cant do anything. The main problem is - I use this for work to contact other remote workers and be contacted in return to handle immediate problems for my job. I really don't know what to do. I have tried everything I know. I asked skype for my password (since it wont recognize my sign in) and they tell me to sign in using the msn button on the page - but bottomline I still have no work contacts. Trillian... what can I do to get contacts? I've tried through "add a contact" and nothing comes of it.. please help me before I wind up losing my job!!!!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Don Petty on 14 Mar, 2013 07:41 PM

Hello,

As the Skype and WLM experiences merge, people will have to sign into Skype with a "Windows Account" (a full email address) rather than the username that they used with previous versions of Skype. The current Skype engine used in Trillian (and older versions of the Skype software) does not support this new login method. That means that we have to wait for Skype to update their development kit so that we can add the new code to Trillian. No announcements have been made regarding if and when they will do this, but we will definitely update Trillian as soon as we can.

-Don

7. 7 Posted by Michel Beld on 28 Mar, 2013 10:39 AM

I'm also waiting for this. Since Microsoft is killing the msn network i really need this update to continue to use trillian. I know you guys are waiting for the Skype SDK's, but i can imagine this has no priority for Microsoft. That way they can get more users in the Skype client (with their ads).

Hopefully they will deliver the SDK so you developers can update Trillian.

8. 8 Posted by FiveOhRino on 07 Jun, 2013 12:33 PM

Has there been any progress with this yet? I would love to have this problem resolved so that I can start using Trillian again. Microsoft really messed up a great thing here.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Glenn on 09 Jun, 2013 12:39 PM

No news yet - when we have something, we'll definitely let you know. We're as frustrated as you are.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac