Facebook Chat Disconnecting

salernoam29

12 Nov, 2012 06:32 AM

Facebook keeps disconnecting again and again for no apparent reason. I am not having any issues with Facebook or Facebook Chat outside of Trillian. Any help or suggestions?

1. 2 Posted by Daniel Mendoza on 12 Nov, 2012 06:47 AM

I came here looking for an answer to this problem as well. Just installed Trillian because this error was happening on messenger also, but as it's also happening on Trillian, it's probably a Facebook related problem. Any insight would be appreciated!

2. 3 Posted by Marvin on 12 Nov, 2012 07:01 AM

Same here! FB chat keeps disconnecting on Trillian... noticed it happening repeatedly today! Came to Trillian's site to see if there were any updates to install to fix this issue.

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Glenn on 12 Nov, 2012 10:56 PM

It's possible that there was a disruption in service with the Facebook servers. Please give it some time and report back if you're still unable to connect.

4. 5 Posted by Daniel Mendoza on 12 Nov, 2012 11:09 PM

I just come to report everything is working fine on Trillian now, so most likely it was just a disturbance in the force. Err... I mean a distruption with the Facebook servers.

Thanks for the replies!

5. 6 Posted by Pablo on 11 Apr, 2013 08:26 AM

I've had the same problem few days ago. Then it solved itself and everything is fine. Now it's back again... It'll reconnect for a few seconds, and then disconnect, over and over again.
    Anyone else have this problem? Is it a problem with facebook?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac