Astra not connecting

D3x

25 Jul, 2012 06:28 AM

I cannot get astra to connect, I receive the following in the show status window:
[02:22] *** Creating connection "BLANK". [02:22] *** TLS established using AES256-SHA (TLSv1/SSLv3). [02:22] *** Astra is currently unavailable. Please try again later. [02:22] *** You have been disconnected. [02:22] *** Reconnecting to ASTRA as "BLANK". [02:22] *** TLS established using AES256-SHA (TLSv1/SSLv3). [02:22] *** Astra is currently unavailable. Please try again later. [02:22] *** You have been disconnected. [02:25] *** Reconnecting to ASTRA as "BLANK". [02:25] *** TLS established using AES256-SHA (TLSv1/SSLv3). [02:25] *** Astra is currently unavailable. Please try again later. [02:25] *** You have been disconnected.

I have edited my account name out and replaced it with the word "BLANK"

Thank you,
Tom Heflin

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. Support Staff 61 Posted by Don Petty on 05 Oct, 2012 09:36 PM

I am sorry for the trouble. Are you still unable to log in or was this a temporary issue for you?

If you are still unable to log in, please let me know what version of Trillian (please include the build number) and what device you are using (Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, Blackberry).

-Don

2. 62 Posted by lwgittens on 05 Oct, 2012 11:12 PM

yes still unable
    I have tried the latest build and the two before it right now i have 5.2 build 13

says multiple accounts disconnected, i have my live account, google, skype aim and yahoo
    only skype is on

windows 7 64
    thanks

3. Support Staff 63 Posted by Don Petty on 07 Oct, 2012 01:44 PM

If NOTHING is connecting then it sounds like you have a firewall or a proxy issue. Are you running anything that could be blocking Trillian from accessing the internet?

-Don

4. 64 Posted by Regan on 13 Mar, 2013 03:13 PM

I think my Trillian is blocked on my corporate network at the firewall level as well. Is there another port we can use to connect? One that may not be a standard IM port?? Please let me know. I am running Win7, 32bit Trillian version 5.3 build 15

5. Support Staff 65 Posted by Don Petty on 13 Mar, 2013 05:27 PM

You can change the Trillian connection to port 443 to see if that helps.

-Don

6. 66 Posted by Regan on 13 Mar, 2013 06:48 PM

443 and 80 work based on prior comments. I'll test it and see if it works.

Thanks!!

7. 67 Posted by reganbrown1 on 13 Mar, 2013 06:59 PM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Astra not connecting

Can I get in a private space with you so I can share my settings with you?

8. 68 Posted by reganbrown1 on 14 Mar, 2013 03:45 PM

I'm going to test this off the corporate network tonight and I'll report back to you tonight. Enclosed are the settings I'm using. If I need to change anything, let me know. If adding anything to my "safe sites" list will help, let me know that as well.

Thanks a lot for your help!!
    Regan

9. 69 Posted by Regan on 14 Mar, 2013 11:43 PM

OK, I ran some tests and here is what I found:

I booted my work PC at home and by default, it connected to me to my corporate network. I logged off that network connection and connected to my personal wireless router. I did connect to the router successfully, but I was still able to connect to internal corporate websites, so I have to assume since I wasn't prompted to connect to SSL VPN it's running in the background and I have no way to turn it off. I tried connecting on 3158, 443, and 80 and still couldn't connect, turned off the autoproxy in my LAN IE settings, still could not connect.

I'm at a loss at this point.....any more ideas??? If I cannot get this to work on my corporate PC, do you offer a tablet based agent? I had it on my Iphone, but didn't really care for it and really can't be used for an IM session.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
    Thanks, Regan

10. 70 Posted by TK on 14 Mar, 2013 11:57 PM

>________________________________
    > From: Regan <[email blocked]>
    >To: [email blocked]
    >Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:44 PM
    >Subject: Astra not connecting [Windows questions]

11. 71 Posted by Regan on 15 Mar, 2013 12:09 AM

Your comments didn't come through.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac