Windows 8.1 - display problem

Matt

23 Oct, 2013 06:56 PM

Installed Windows 8.1 and the trillian display window(s) do not show properly.
For instance : when you move the mouse curser over the task bar it shows the chat window as a spinning circle.
Move mouse over that window and on the screen it will show two identical chat windows but both under different resolutions. One the text is super crisp and the other is bloated and almost out of focus.

Uninstalled/reinstalled trillian and same problem.
Restarted laptop as well
Unknown how to fix

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Don Petty on 30 Oct, 2013 08:36 PM

That's not a problem I have seen before. Would you mind sending screenshots of what you are seeing so that I can pass it along to a developer for review?

Thanks!

-Don

2. 2 Posted by alrighte_then on 31 Oct, 2013 04:32 AM

Hi,
    I had this issue too, its to do with the rewrite of how chrome is handled in windows 8.1.
    Trillian is not the only program that has this issue but it is more visable in trillian than other programs.
    I not 100% sure what affects it but it appears to either be multiple monitor systems or using the "change the size of all items" from 100% to something else.

The workround is to right click the desktop -> screen resoultion.
    Choose "Make text and other items larger or smaller"
    In there tick the box that says "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays"
    Press Apply

This fixes the issue up but might cause un desired effects if you monitors are different resolutions.
    Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Erika on 01 Apr, 2014 08:41 PM

I have the same kind of problem with windows 8.1. When I try to do an insert screen capture, because of the "make text and other items smaller" setting that is recommended for my laptop (lenovo yoga 2 pro), it doesn't pick the place I am trying to capture, as though the zoom level is making the calibration off, or something to that effect. If I put it on the smallest (100% magnification) setting, the screen capture works properly but my screen items are way too small to use properly, so that isn't an acceptable solution for me.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac