GTalk messages appear in any open Google Hangouts client

dave.ludwig

01 Aug, 2013 03:05 PM

Hi I have Trillian Pro and use the GTalk protocol. If I send a GTalk message in Trillian, and also have Google Plus open in a browser, my friends responses also pop up in Hangouts! I don't like that my conversation is being displayed wherever I have Hangouts. I've even opened my phone and found recent convos in there too.

Is there any way to keep GTalk convos confined to Trillian at this point? I know I can switch back to ICQ or Yahoo, but I am just curious whats going on with Hangouts and if there is a way to control it.

Thanks

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Don Petty on 01 Aug, 2013 08:41 PM

I have passed this along to the developers and asked them look into it. Google has kind of merged Hangouts with Google Talk so there isn't a way to keep them separated on our end at the moment. Can you just log out of Hangouts?

-Don

2. 3 Posted by dave.ludwig on 02 Aug, 2013 01:13 PM

Its funny... yesterday all I saw was a button to snooze Hangouts for a period of time. Today there is a button to sign out. I'm going to do that and see how it goes. Thanks.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac