Astra protocol and encryption

Aaron Smith

12 Dec, 2011 03:54 PM

In Astra 4, my message windows would show a little lock icon to show that my conversation with someone else using the astra protocol was encrypted. In version 5, I am not seeing that lock. Was the encryption removed?

1. 2 Posted by Scream81 on 12 Dec, 2011 04:46 PM

You could install the Cordonata 5 skin to see if its just the icon missing in the noskin. Cordonata is the Astra 4 skin, updated with Trillian 5 features. You can find the skin here: http://developer.ceruleanstudios.com/index.php/Full_Skins

2. 3 Posted by thecodemonk on 12 Dec, 2011 05:07 PM

Looks like that is what the problem is. On the Chat tab there is a little lock over the icon now... hmm, now that I think of it, I better check the skin I was using before to make sure I wasn't just overlooking it...

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Glenn on 12 Dec, 2011 05:15 PM

FYI - Astra is always encrypted, regardless of what the icon (skin based) is showing.

Glenn Seibert
    Cerulean Studios

4. 5 Posted by thecodemonk on 12 Dec, 2011 05:21 PM

Scream81 - FYI cause I noticed you were the author, I was using Bleach, but it's also not there in the no skin.

Glenn - Thanks for the assurance! While we are on the topic, what kind of encryption is used?

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Scott Werndorfer on 14 Dec, 2011 02:28 PM

Hi - connections to the Trillian network use TLS.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac