How to Disable Logging

nobesnickr

10 Jun, 2012 03:31 AM

I have purchased Trillian to support the company and disable the ads but I am very concerned about the cloud conversation logging and no apparent way to disable it either per user or for my whole account. There are multiple contacts in my account that are marked "Go off the record" yet when I log into to a different device or the web site, i will see the most recent conversation even if it occurred many days previously.

Is there a solution to this that I am not seeing? If not can you disable this feature for my account?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Scott Werndorfe... on 12 Jun, 2012 02:12 PM

In Prefs -> Chat History there are two options:

1) "Also backup my history online", which will store your chats for later download and retrieval, even by a device that was offline during the time of transmission.

2) The "synchronize in realtime between devices" options, which will send active chats to all other devices as you have them. Once you close a chat window, these chats are gone with no way to retrieve them. In other words, there is no database-related storage going on here, just a temporary means of keeping your windows in sync between devices.

You should be able to turn either of these options off if you prefer.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac