skype groups

's Avatar

vegadark89

28 Oct, 2011 05:36 PM

Hi, just a suggestion. It would be nice if trillian can keep the groups in the contact list where users are joined, it's a bit difficult to keep track of the conversations when I close the window. Thanks.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by Víctor Fehdêx on 01 Feb, 2012 08:30 PM

Yes, please add this feature to the next release!

2. 32 Posted by Kilna on 02 Feb, 2012 04:41 AM

2012/2/1 Víctor Fehdêx
    <[email blocked]>:
    >

3. 33 Posted by Mysti on 17 Feb, 2012 06:55 PM

Yes, We need the save group convos to contact list feature. I thought It was me at first until I found this. Not having it means I have to a) wait for someone to post b) tell someone to post so the window will pop up or c) have to still have skype installed in order to access them. Lets do this.

4. 34 Posted by Jen on 22 Feb, 2012 11:47 PM

I can't figure out how to use your ticket system, so I figured I would try to ask my question here. We use trillian at work for our Live Chat feature, so that customers can ask us questions from our website. My problem is that I am trying to work from home as well, and even though I am logged in to my trillian account, the Live Chat isn't coming up on my laptop. Do I need to download something else to make this work? Is there a step I'm missing? The trillian site looks way different on my laptop when I sign in, than it does at work.

Thanks

5. 35 Posted by rubix_cuber3 on 02 Mar, 2012 10:55 PM

+18432234yh4

6. 36 Posted by Jan on 06 Mar, 2012 01:19 PM

+1 from me for the skype group chat feature.

7. 37 Posted by mystrdat on 06 Mar, 2012 01:31 PM

+1 An absolute must have feature for me to use Trillian instead of Skype at work, would love to see it implemented.

8. 38 Posted by Raj on 16 Mar, 2012 04:39 PM

Yes, I installed the latest version of Trillian on my new office machine, to avoid having to have skype on it as well, so this feature is missed. The old version of trillian, which required Skype to still be open, had conversations saved - I guess based ont he fact that Skype had them open. Need it here please

9. 39 Posted by eviltobz on 21 Mar, 2012 01:53 PM

+1 adding my voice to the throng to try and make this a priority in the work queue. I installed Trillian so that I could use a single chat client at work instead of having MSN for office communications and skype for a bunch of mates from my old place where we all moan and gripe about that company in a large group chat that's been going for a few months. If I want to send something to the group when I don't have an active window (ie. first thing in the morning) I currently have to open skype so I can make my first post, then close it and just stick to trillian thereafter, but it is a rather clunky workaround.

10. 40 Posted by ilja on 27 Mar, 2012 11:16 AM

+1 here.

I have lots of groups that have been existing for years, and are not very active regarding number of comments per day. Being unable to re-open closed group window and post something it it is a major pain for me.

I even occasionally have to log-in to the official Skype client just to write one post to a group!

11. 41 Posted by rubix_cuber3 on 27 Mar, 2012 02:08 PM

any updates trillian?

did anyone check this out? Is this on any todo list?

12. 42 Posted by amparo.dios on 08 Apr, 2012 07:11 AM

+1 And not only for skype, but for IRC-chats too.

13. 43 Posted by Wiktoria on 07 May, 2012 04:58 PM

+1 here!

I must ask other people to write something in the group, and that's annoying. :/

14. 44 Posted by amilino on 16 May, 2012 12:25 PM

+1

Please add this feature ASAP.

15. 45 Posted by Patzo on 06 Jun, 2012 11:42 AM

+1 for this feature.

16. 46 Posted by andy on 07 Jun, 2012 09:40 AM

+1 for this feature from me too. PLEASE, it would be very useful. Also You cannot set an icon for group skype chat currently (nothing happens).

And if someone from dev hears this - we would be very glad to to know.

17. 47 Posted by marcus on 12 Sep, 2012 09:12 AM

+1 for this feature as well. Now I tend to start skype to get the group going. Very cumbersome.

18. 48 Posted by GangBoy on 27 Sep, 2012 12:19 PM

+1 really would be nice if skype groups could be saved in contacts.

19. 49 Posted by Mandatory on 30 Sep, 2012 09:50 PM

Group support is mandatory for me to replace skype!
    As I see this ticket is almost open for a year why is there still no native support?

20. 50 Posted by Ilja on 30 Sep, 2012 10:27 PM

Well, it seems that Skype support is more of a feature rather than actual functionality.

There is no Skype support on OS X/iPhone and the functionality of Windows client remains very limited.

Personally I have decided that I simply won't renew my subscription when my current one expires. There is no need to pay for the service that hadn't been improved a single bit since I have joined.

21. 51 Posted by Hitatomma on 04 Oct, 2012 04:16 PM

GoONwGt

22. 52 Posted by Olli on 07 Oct, 2012 06:40 PM

Yes, this would be EXTREMELY useful for group saves! All of the rest of this plugin is perfect at this point, except for this one little problem really x.x It really needs put in where groups can be saved to the contact list!

23. 53 Posted by oilvaccine on 26 Oct, 2012 03:55 PM

finally a light at the end of the tunnel ... Trillian 5.3 Built 7 (BETA)
    looks great ... supports Skype Groups and the ability to save them ...

http://blog.trillian.im/

(in my case had some problem crashing the application ... removed some plugins, now looks more stable)

:-) looking good trillian team

24. 54 Posted by invi on 26 Oct, 2012 07:31 PM

@oilvaccine Thanks for the update. I took almost a year to receive this message. Will give the new beta version a try. :)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac