Video Chat not working with Yahoo Messenger

mrtolbert

20 Jan, 2012 12:25 AM

Hello i am trying to video chat or do a video call with my friend on yahoo messenger. They are telling me that it says that mrtolberts configuration does not suport video calls? Did i not install trillian properly to make this work?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Glenn on 23 Jan, 2012 10:21 PM

When you go to Preferences->Video and Voice, do you see configuration options that are available? If you go to Preferences->Accounts and select your Yahoo! account, there should be a Settings button - when you click it, along the left, there is a Webcam category. One the Webcam configurations screen, are options available?

What client is your contact using? Are they using Trillian or Yahoo! or something else?

Glenn Seibert
    Cerulean Studios

2. 2 Posted by Andrei on 24 Jan, 2012 09:10 PM

I have the same issue. I am not even able (there is actually no option for video call) to call any yahoo contact.. Why is that??

3. 3 Posted by Miki on 26 Jan, 2012 07:00 PM

Glenn,

Based on what Don said at http://help.trillian.im/discussions/windows/1702-voice-and-videocall, i thought Trillian Yahoo calls (audio or video) were not possible.
    Now i am confused, is it or ..?

Thanks

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Glenn on 26 Jan, 2012 07:46 PM

In Yahoo!, it's video only. In Astra, it's audio and video.

If you right-click on a contact in your contact list, you'll see the options - for Astra or Yahoo! contacts only.

Glenn

5. Glenn closed this discussion on 26 Jan, 2012 07:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac