No contacts showing

shawnyve

27 Dec, 2011 05:16 PM

I d/l and installed Trillian to my new droid x2 a few days ago. The issue is that no one on my various IM services are showing, though I know from checking my windows vrs that I have a few people online. I also cannot get to any sort of settings. I browsed the trillian for iphone section and noted that at the bottom of its screen there are tabs, mine has no tabs to touch. The only thing I'm able to do is change my name, and status. Nothing else I do brings up anything else. I tried reinstalling today with no changes. On windows settings under the devices tab, android is showing so I know I'm connecting. Hope you can help.

Thank you,
Shawnyve

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Don Petty on 28 Dec, 2011 01:46 AM

Hi Shawnyve,

If you open Trillian on your Droid and click the "Menu" button and then "Accounts" do you see your various accounts listed there? If so, can you press them and then press "Connect"?

-Don

2. 2 Posted by shawnyve on 28 Dec, 2011 03:44 AM

I don't have a menu button. All i have is my name at the top of the screen with little square icon of various IM services which i cannot interact with. The rest of the screen is black except for an ad at the bottom of the screen.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Don Petty on 28 Dec, 2011 04:00 AM

I meant the Menu button on your phone (right next to the Home button). That is how you access the various Trillian Preferences on the Droid.

-Don

4. 4 Posted by shawnyve on 28 Dec, 2011 05:42 AM

No, none of them are showing there. I'm guessing now I have to add each one? I had assumed trillian would pick them up as it does when I switch to a new computer...or maybe it doesn't. I can't recall now if it did the last time I switched.

5. 5 Posted by Brian on 28 Dec, 2011 10:13 AM

i have a droidx the menu button is the one all the right to the left

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Don Petty on 28 Dec, 2011 12:21 PM

Shawnyve,

It should pick up your accounts if you signed in with the same username that you use on your desktop. Did you happen to set up a different username to use with your phone?

-Don

7. 7 Posted by shawnyve on 28 Dec, 2011 04:29 PM

Nope. Same user name. Both accounts pull up the same avatar and windows shows my android under devices.

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Don Petty on 28 Dec, 2011 05:44 PM

That's odd. If you add an account does it pull all of your contacts into your phone?

-Don

9. 9 Posted by shawnyve on 28 Dec, 2011 11:43 PM

It did for facebook, which is slightly annoying honestly...lol. I need to figure out how to turn that off If i can. Shall I try it with one of my IM accounts?

10. 10 Posted by shawnyve on 29 Dec, 2011 02:19 AM

ok, i discovered, by accident, that i need to be IN trillian when i press the settings button. i feel stupid now since reading over your original msg you said open trillian...i had it running but not open. /sigh. The first smartphone blues :P

I'm so sorry for the time you spent with me but I do thank you for the patience.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Don Petty on 29 Dec, 2011 10:56 PM

No problem at all! We all fumbled around with it at first but you'll get the hang of it. :)

-Don

12. Don Petty closed this discussion on 29 Dec, 2011 10:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac